Friday, 19 September 2014
First Answer To the Christmas Recipe Call
This first recipe comes from Charlotte Mishler, my friend and retired-teacher-turned-missionary. Thanks Charlotte!
Here’s one that came from a fellow missionary: http://beautyandbedlam.com/puff-pancake-recipe/
Recipe: Puff Pancake
Summary: This Puff Pancake Recipe is as eye appealing as it is delicious. Easy to make with wholesome ingredients, it’s perfect for guests or groups.
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons oil
• dash of salt (optional)
• 4 tablespoons of butter
• sprinkle of powdered sugar, sauce (optional)
1. Blend the first six ingredients in blender or mix very well by hand.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a 9 inch round dish or fluted dish in the oven at 425 degrees.
3. When butter begin to sizzle, but not brown, pour the mixed ingredients into the center of your dish.
4. Bake for just 20 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Enjoy our family staple of the Puffed Pancake.
If you would like a slightly less “eggy” version, with a “no sugar” option, you may use only two eggs, and then completely omit the sugar and oil. All other directions are the same.